- Organize what you want to say, but don’t try to memorize your information word-for-word. Practice your presentation using note cards.
- You should complete one practice presentation prior to completing your final presentation to the review.
- Introduce yourself to the panel members and shake hands with them. Remember, each panel member will evaluate your work.
- Check the scoring rubric ahead of time as you prepare for the presentation so that you have a good idea of how you will be scored. Your scores will be given to your advisor, and you can check with your advisor whether you passed or failed.
- Treat the Senior Project Presentations like a job interview. Dress professionally, be on time, and have your visual aids ready. You will be required to test all equipment the day prior to presenting in order to prevent any technical difficulties.
- Introduce yourself and make a general statement about what you did for your project. Give some information about why you selected this topic and what goals you established. Mention your mentor, his/her qualifications, and how he/she helped you complete this process.
- Talk briefly about what you learned as you completed this project. Connect any readings, research, and experiences you had in creating your project to convince the panel members of your extended learning.
- Work through the project phase (this is the most important part). Take the Review Panel through your research process. Tell them about any obstacle you faced, and explain how you overcame them. Concentrate on details you discovered that were unexpected, surprising, enlightening, or rewarding.
- Pull together what you learned. Are you satisfied with what you did/produced? Do not forget that “learning” can go beyond your project topic. It can also include any progress you might have made in terms of meeting deadlines, scheduling your time effectively, working with adults, and taking responsibility for selecting and completing things independently. It is required that you explain how your project represents quality work.